1 & 1/2 Essential Travel Electronics
Love them or hate them, smartphones are a constant travel companion for most of us these days.
Travel enough and it's only a matter of time until your phone battery is at 2% and screaming red while you try to do one of the following before it shuts off, dead and useless.
- Trying to call an Uber right as your phone shuts down and unsure if the ride actually got requested. (When this happened to me I stood on the curb for a few minutes, not sure what to do, and thankfully a car showed up for me.)
- Frantically searching through emails for the right entry code for the door of your hostel/AirBnB/sleeping host.
- Squeezing out one last photo just as the phone shuts down. Moment missed!
- Trying to follow Google Maps to your destination, only to have it shut down before you actually arrive. (Remember paper maps?)
- Typing out one last text to your new romantic interest as your battery dwindles dangerously low.
Oh the woes of our digital age.
I can't help you with your love life or your poor sense of direction, but I can help make sure you aren't stranded with a dead phone ever again.
Welcome to the wonderful world of mini-external batteries.
Click through the gallery above for more details.
Here's a recap with links to Amazon:
This the "1/2" of the title of this blog post. I love these rugged iPhone cords by Amazon. Ditch those cheap white iPhone cords for this nice inexpensive upgrade.
Lastly, If you want another option, I liked this battery pack by Jackery until I lost it. It worked great too!